Rachel Solly

Monday, March 22, 2010

Saturday in L.A.

We did eventually, in the wee hours of the night/morning make it back to our beautiful hotel.  Our friends were married here and they were so gracious to want to share this with us.  It was amazing and VERY California.  It was beautiful in March during a very cold snap.  I can only imagine this place in the spring and summer!






We met back up with our friends and I got to spend some time with Tal, Guy's wife.  She is a successful phychologist and I confess that, before meeting her, I feared being "analyzed".  

That made me nervous.  Why, you ask?  I don't want to talk about why.

Aaaaaanyway, that was SO not the case and we became instant friends and I learned so much from her. She must have sensed that I needed to really make the most of this time away from the daily grind and Saturday afternoon we went for foot massages.  Have you ever seen these places?  It says reflexology foot massage but it was literally head to toe!  We have nothing like that around here and it was so simple but amazing.  You MUST go if you get the chance.

I learned something about myself that day.  I tend to try to take small snippets of time in the day to be "my time".  I cheat my family and myself by doing that.  After doing something really nurturing for myself I realized that if I just give my family 100% of myself when I am with them and then take the time out to do something really special for myself once in a while, we would both be better off for it.

Stay tuned...on Sunday I do something I have wanted to do since I was about 16 but, in true Rachel fashion, almost chickened out.  You'll never guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio